Friday, December 18, 2009

Musings for the day

I saw this quote somewhere and it speaks to me...
I surrender in gratitude to that which is

The idea of gratitude has been in my heart and thoughts a lot lately. It is something I want to cultivate more in my life. I want to recognize the blessings in my life even when they present in unexpected packages. Even when I initially think it is not a blessing and resist.

The other idea in this quote that I am desiring is acceptance. That things are good the way they are. That moments are good even when they are messy, painful, or confusing. Even when the moments cause me to feel vulnerable and exposed. I am desiring a confidence in myself that I can move through moments with a gentleness and gratitude. I wish to cultivate a confidence in the universe that things will work out...it might not be how I think it will work out, or how I would want it to work out....but a sure-ness that things will be fine.

Maybe this quote can be a mantra for me. A reminder of these things I am cultivating in my life. A calling to bring this to me.

I surrender in gratitude to that which is. I surrender in gratitude to that which is.

No comments:

Post a Comment