Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturdays

I love Saturdays with nothing to do. I love being able to move from one thing to the next with no pressure about finishing or getting somewhere. I did have one thing planned today, but it was delious. I had my monthly facial at Ruby Room and it was wonderful. I felt relaxed and calm afterwards. A nap rounded out the perfect afternoon.

The other thing we did this morning was take our dog to a photo shoot. Yes, you read that correctly...a photo shoot. It was for a calendar that will be sold to raise money for a local park. No idea if our girl will become a pin-up girl in 2010, but I, of course, believe that the calendar would be incomplete without her.

Here is a picture that a friend took of her recently...


Before my facial, my lady always leads me through a guided meditation (yes, she is that awesome -- ask for Amy). She has me image my feet pushing into the earth and putting in roots, so that I feel supported and love. She then has me imagine a white light filling my body, mind, and spirit. She asks me to collect thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and memories that no longer serve me and to push those dark pieces out through my feet so the white light can fill me entirely. Take a deep belly breathe, she says, and say to yourself "You are loved". Thank you, Amy. I will see you in a month to make my skin beautiful and my spirit sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment