Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Doubts

So, I am visited by The Doubts every so often. This family comes and creates some chaos for me. This week has been the week that The Doubts are in town. The Doubts consist of "I don't know what I am doing", "I'm never going to know what I am doing", "Everyone probably knows I don't know what I am doing", "I must be a big joke since I don't know what I'm doing", "I must be a terrible person since I don't know what I am doing".....the list could go on and on. What results is lots of anxiety, self doubt, and ick. Up until this week, I think that this felt like this was me, The Doubts were part of me. But this week, I understood things differently. I understood that this was a temporary thing, that The Doubts were just visiting and would leave. That The Doubts don't define me, don't really even know me. I am so much more than The Doubts.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    I just wanted to say hello and thank you for joining the 28 Day Meditation Challenge at my blog. Talk about Doubts! Seems like you are having plenty but I love what you say about knowing that you are not the Doubts. In life or in meditation. :-) May this New Year bring you much ease. Believe, breathe and be well.
    Jan
    awakeisgood.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed you are far more than your doubts, than any of your thoughts. You are a whole complex being. This awareness that the thoughts (doubts) will pass is a leap in understanding the nature of mind...of life. Good for you.

    gentle steps,
    Laura
    (a fellow meditator in Jan's 28 day challenge)

    ReplyDelete